CAS No.: 96-48-0
Other Name:1,4-Butyrolactone, GBL, γ-BLO, Butyrolactone Solvent
Molecular Weight: 86.09
Grades: Electronic Grade , Industrial Grade , Common Grade
Physical Properties of gamma-Butyrolactone (GBL)
GLB is a colorless oil liquid, miscible with water, soluble in methanol, ethanol, ether, benzene and other organic solvents. Density: 1.12g/cm3,melting point: -44℃, boiling point: 206℃ ,flash point: 99.2℃.
Acute toxicity: Oral – rat LD50:1540 mg/kg; Orally – Mouse LD50:1720 mg/kg
gamma-Butyrolactone (GBL) Uses
Gamma-butyllactone(GBL) is a high boiling point solvent with strong solubility, non-toxic, safe and convenient management.
- It is used as extraction agent of butadiene, aromatics and high grade grease in petroleum processing;
- In the chemical fiber industry GBL can be used as the spinning solvent of acrylonitrile fiber, it is also wool, nylon, acrylonitrile and other fibers dyeing aid.
- In organic synthesis, GBL also has a wide range of uses, it is the raw materials of synthesising α-pyrrolidone, n-methylpyrrolidone, vinylpyrrolidone, acetyl – gammatolactone, cyclopropylamine .
- It is also the intermediate of synthetic insecticides, herbicides, the drug naoferkang, cyclopropylfloxacin, vitamin B1, chlorophyll and so on. Also used in the synthesis of plant growth regulator.
- It can be used in the production of cyclopropylamine, pyrrolidone and other drugs, but also industrial solvent, diluent, curing agent, etc.
- It is also used as stationary liquid for gas chromatography, intermediates and solvents for synthesis of butyric acid and succinic acid.
|Electronic Grade||Industrial Grade||Common Grade|
（As butyric acid，wt%） ≤
|Density （D425 ）||1.125～1.130|
|Refractive Index （ND25）||1.436～1.437|
|NO3- /（mg/kg） ≤||1.00||——||——|
|Metal Ion||Fe/（mg/kg） ≤||0.05||——||——|
200KG Plastic drum/Galvanized iron drum
1000kg IBC drum
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. It should be stored separately from oxidants, acids, alkalis and edible chemicals, and should not be mixed.
GBL , also called 1,4-Butyrolactone, GBL, γ-BLO, Butyrolactone Solvent; colorless transparent liquid, used for the production of cyclopropylamine, pyrrolidone and other drugs, also used as an industrial solvent, diluent, curing agent, etc.
Professionchem is your trusted partener in China to supply GBL.
1,4-butanediol is the raw materials for the production of GBL .