Physical and Chemical Properties
THF is a colorless transparent liquid, and THF density is 0.89g/cm3,melting point is -108.5℃,boiling point is 66℃,flash point: -14℃ (CC) ,refractive index is 1.465 (20℃); structure : C4H8O
THF Acute toxicity: LD50:1650mg/kg (rat transoral) ;LC50:21000ppm (Rat inhalation, 3h)
THF is soluble in water, ethanol, ether, acetone, benzene, etc., mainly used as solvent, chemical synthesis intermediates, analytical reagents.
Tetrahydrofuran THF Uses
- Tetrahydrofuran, as a fine reaction intermediate, can be used as a natural flavor enhancer for tetrahydrothiophene;
- Tetrahydrofuran is used in medicine to produce carbetapentane citrate, progesterone, rifumycin, etc.;
- Tetrahydrofuran can be used in chemical production to prepare polytetrahydrofuran, tetrahydrothiophene, 1, 4-dichlorobutane, 2, 3-dichlorotetrahydrofuran, valerolactone, ethanediamine, 1, 4-butanediol,gamma-butyrolactone and many other chemical products.
- Tetrahydrofuran can also be used as high energy fuel, acetylene extraction solvent, electroplating coating liquid, precision tape cleaning agent, leather surface finishing agent, light stabilizer of molecular materials, etc.
- The most important use of THF tetrahydrofuran is to produce PTMEG. According to rough statistics, about 80% of THF in the world is used to produce PTMEG, and PTMEG is mainly used to produce spandex fiber.
180kg/ iron drum, 80drums/20’GP
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. The temperature of the warehouse should not exceed 30℃. The package should be sealed and not in contact with air. It should be stored separately from oxidizers, acids and bases, and should not be mixed.
Tetrahydrofuran, also known as oxacyclopentane, 1, 4-epoxy butane, is a heterocyclic organic compound, chemical formula is C4H8O, belongs to the ether class, is the complete hydrogenated product of furan, is colorless transparent liquid, soluble in water, ethanol, ether, acetone, benzene, etc., mainly used as solvent, chemical synthesis intermediate, analytical reagent.
Tetrahydrofuran THF is hazards class of 3 , flammable liquid .
Our reqular export package is iron drum and ISO TANK .